Tuesday, April 22, 2014

L.A. Colors "Aquatic"

Spring is in the air, sunny weather, easter eggs, chocolate, swimming pools. I rarely post twice in a month, but this time I just could not resist this blue. It reminded me of some blue shirts that I have. I also have a blue watch, some blue shoes and many blue ties. 

So I was walking down my local drugstore and this shiny blue bottle caught my eye. My first impression was that it was too bright a blue. I usually don’t go for bright colors on nail polish, but this time, there was something about this blue that begged me to try it on. 


With the easter festivities coming I thought, why not!. I mean, we paint our cars blue, we wear blue clothing, so why not paint my nails with this blue. After all, blue is a color for boys right? Riiiiiight…. 


Anyway, I have to say that I just love it! I think I have not had so many compliments on my nails since I wore Malice from Chanel.
The brightness on this tone is an attention getter, but in a good way. It is the kind of color, that even though it is not a holographic, metallic or shimmer, you can contemplate it again and again. Several people even thought I was wearing Gelish.  This cream based blue is called Aquatic from L.A. Colors, it’s from their color craze line. I have to say, until now, I have not had an L.A. Colors nail polish that I do not just love.
It is a three coater, goes on smooth and does not streak, as you can clearly see from the photographs. It is a keeper for me, I am sure you will love it too. Until next time! Happy Polishing!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Gustivo, I'm a fan of blue polish but prefer darker metallics. During my professional pedicure last week, I asked the girl doing it to pick a color and she picked "Blue Years Eve" from China Glaze. It looks good indoors but outside in the sun it really pops. It would be hard to miss unless your blind. I'll find out how the public reacts next week at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew, thanks for stoping by and sharing your experience! Like you, I also love metallics, but this shade really called me. I have several blues, from China Glaze's "Strap on your Moonboots" which is a holographic color, to Chanel's "Bel Argus" and several others, all dark. The only thing I could say at this point, is try some other shades like I have, you won't be disappointed. Worst thing that can happen is you take it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these kind of blues lately. The longer I wear polish, the more I embrace the lighter and brighter polishes. That blue is just awesome whether it is on a car, shirt or nails. Another great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post like always
    I was looking for a light blue to waer now that its summer and i can wear sandals and flip flops all day also the polish drew recomends looks great ill be sure to pick them up on my next trip to the store
    Julio

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for the Liebster Award! It is an award meant to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers. To get to your list of questions, just click on my profile to get to my blog. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As alway great job on your blog. I like that blue too also the sandals you are wearing on the picture with the blue drink. My question is where did you get those and who makes them? I've been trying to find a pair like them but no luck yet.

    Keep up the great work

    Edgar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stoping by Edagar! Yeah, I love those sandals too. I got them at ebay, here is the link,

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/171255286481?var=470352521821&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

      I am a big sandal fan, have all kinds of. It is one of my hobbies, sandal shopping!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the link. I too love sandals. And my wife thinks I already have to many of them. So I get rid of some and get more.

    ReplyDelete