Thursday, September 5, 2013

China Glaze - Black Diamond

Every now and then, I like to unleash my inner rock-star.
I received a comment from a fellow nail polish wearer named CJ from Texas who is a professional drummer, his post is right there at the poll page so you can read it. 


men who wear black nail polish


Anyway, because of that and to pay him homage for leaving his comment, I decided to wear black this time. I also played some drums a while back, although not as a pro, so we have something else in common besides loving to wear nail polish. Sometimes, specially during the winter, I like to wear some leather jackets in black, as well as biker boots. I also have some leather trousers that I wear on special occasion parties. But in winter times, I just expose my fingernails, rarely my toes.
men who wear black nail polish

 

Anyway, it is still summer weather here where I live, so I will be wearing black with sandals instead of boots. I love summer and fall because I can wear sandals and short sleeves, it is more my style, I wear bead and chain bracelets and big rings with a big watch, so in the winter they are put away  because they can be cumbersome wearing jackets or sweaters. 

men who wear black nail polish


So, having said that, I picked a black that is not a pitch black color. Although I do have some black blacks like China Glaze’s own “Vinyl”, but this time I went with China Glaze’s “Black Diamond”. This is a very good dark black with silver shimmer. As you can see on the photographs, when the sun hits it, is reflects the light quite nicely. As with some other dark colors, this black, being shimmery and not metallic, it is the kind of black you can dress up or dress down. It is not matte, although it kind of looks a bit like it is. I applied Seché Vite Top Coat over 3 layers of the color. It applied very thin at first, so it is definitely a three coat. China Glaze makes wonderful colors, and even though black is the absence of color, this black really stands out with it’s silver shimmer. Depending on your attire, it can look elegant and chic, or It can look edgy, either way, it’s going to look awesome. 


men who wear black nail polish



I am looking for a dark green shimmer for my next post, kind of dark olive green with some shimmer, leaning for BB Couture’s “Posse” or something along those lines. If you have some suggestions along those lines, please let me know.

Happy Polishing!

5 comments:

  1. I am going to have to look for this polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, i bought these polish like 4 months ago and couldn't stop wearing it. Its awesome, great post man like always.

    julio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving you comment Julio, this black is awesome, this is actually my third bottle.

      Delete
  3. Hi Gustavo, thank you for this site. I've been wearing clear and more natural colors for years. I want to wear colored polish like dark blue but my wife gets upset whenever I do. That is strange though, as she has no problem with my toe ring or anklets. I'm heterosexual with 4 kids and I appreciate that your site is more balanced as some tend to go more extreme with high heels, stockings, etc. I'm not attracted or interested in cross dressing, only that I like taking good care of my feet so that they look pleasant, and I like wearing polish on them. And I'm only sexually attracted to women. The only interest I have in seeing polish on other men is to confirm that I'm not alone in this desire, and to envision how it might look if I were to use a particular color. (If my wife ever becomes accepting of it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tim, thanks for leaving your post! It is very important for people like you to leave comments, that way, the more discussion is posted on the blog, the more REAL information goes out there to the internet for other men to find. I totally get what you are saying and I am absolutely identified. As you can see on my profile, I am also married (twice) and have 3 offspring, a 7 year old boy, a 4 year old princess and a 22 year old young woman from my previous marriage. Like you, I also absolutely not just love, but I adore women. I give you this background because I have been painting my nails, both fingers and toes for some years now, and like I said on another post, I still haven't grown a vagina, breasts, nor has that tampered with my sexual orientation. Oh, and I am not a musician, a celebrity, or an actor. I am still attracted to women and all the subtleties that come with them. The problem with your wife is not her really, I am sure she loves you dearly, otherwise she wouldn't still be married to you. The problem is the way she is programmed. Of course, she has to De-Program herself, she has to realize that what she has been taught is wrong and that is a tough pill to swallow, but that is a whole other discussion. This issue is much deeper that what it seems on the surface. We can not eduacate our children well if we are not well educated ourselves. As humans, WE LET OURSELVES BELIVE THAT WE HAVE CHOICES, but in reality, we permit someone else to dictate those choices for us. If we applied TRUE FREE WILL, than it would be totally different. I will give you an example that has nothing to do with nail polish to prove a point. If you go blind testing fragrances at a perfume counter, odds are that if you will smell some fragrance that you like for yourself and it may be label "for women", just because of that, you probably will not buy it. Fragrance, like nail polish has no gender. And even though we identify some femininity or masculinity with some smells, aromas are not necesarily gender biased and definetly wont turn you to a woman if you wear them. Heck, I preffer smelling like roses than smelling like a donkey anyday. My point is, we let others dictate what we should like, what we should ware, how we should dress, etc. We think we have choices, when in reallity those choices are given to us. What if the fragrance was not label "for women"? I am pretty sure that if you like it, you would buy it. So where is our free will? We have the power of real choice if we really claim it. We think we are educated, when in reallity we are not, we are just programed to do, act and be a certain way. One of the problems we face as nail polish lovers, is the srereotyping that goes on when people see a man with nail polish. They stereotype as gay, trans sexual, cross dressing, or any other label exept who we really are, men who like to wear nail polish, who like color and are not any of those labels. But you see, at the end of the day, it is only ourselves that let fear dictate how we live. Fear of those other uneducated people label us, and fear of the repercussions. If you analize it deeply, only fear is what keeps us from fulfilling true happiness, which by the way is the true meaning of life.

      Delete