Thursday, July 18, 2013

Chanel Azure (657) Collectors Limited Edition


I was at a local department store last weekend and I walked by the Chanel counter where I saw this shiny bottle of paint that I liked so much I had a double take. When I turned my head slightly upward, I saw this big add for Chanel Nail Polish Summer 2013 colors. I had never seen a color such as this on nail polish, kind of green, kind of blue, the kind of greenish-blue that reminded me of the shallow seas of the Caribbean, like in Cancun or the Bahamas. This polish reflects the sun with a sparkling beauty that you have to see to believe. This is not exactly a holographic polish.  I had never splurged before on nail polish, but I caved in on this one. This is great quality polish, and at $27 a pop, it should be. Although it goes on thin at the first coat, two coats is enough for good overall cover. As always, I apply three coats. Of course, I prepped the nails before that with a good buff on the nail bed, primer and a base coat.
Topped it off with Seche Vite to give me a good two weeks of unchipped wear. Even though this is not a holographic color, I can perceive different shades under different lighting conditions. One thing that amazes me about this polish is the fact that unlike holographic colors, when in low light settings, it is more visible. I am not very much for bright colors, don’t typically like bright orange, yellows or bright greens, but this color seems electric, literally. When typing on my computer with just the light of the monitor hitting my nails, they seem like a blue metalic that seems “lit up”. When looking at them under direct sunlight, they look definitely green, but a greenish hue with sparkling shimmer al over. Sunlight make them more greenish, ambient light and/or fluorescent lighting make them look more blueish.
The less the light, the more metallic they look, kind of like an electric blue. A very nice surprise for me. Highly recommended if you like metallic and bright colors. This is definitely not your “low key” color, it screams at you, but in a very nice way.

If I have to give this Polish a rating, I will give it 5 bottles. It is like having 3 nail colors in one bottle. If you wear this to a night club, I can assure you, it will be the talk of the night. If you wear it to the beach, it will be a nice summer beach color. 

Happy Polishing!

13 comments:

  1. Great post! I am going to have to go look at it at the mall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Jim, also look for a polish called bel argus 667 from Chanel, it's a very nice blue from the 2013 summer collection.

      Delete
    2. hi...I love it...can anyone help me with advise on being comfortable showing my pretty toes in public please. I go with wife once every two weeks to get pedi and she loves it and encourages me to show them off but im a little nervous what people might say -

      Delete
  2. I think I'm going to have to try and get this one! That is a very nice color. I just wonder how it will look with my tan skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi...I love it...can anyone help me with advise on being comfortable showing my pretty toes in public please. I go with wife once every two weeks to get pedi and she loves it and encourages me to show them off but im a little nervous what people might say

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thanks for stoping by, how can I help...... mmmmm, well, all I can ask you is what's stoping you? What are you nervous of? Nothing will happen, believe me, just do it! Nervousness is a cousin of FEAR, and FEAR does not exist! FEAR is a negative emotion of anticipation of a future event, and THE FUTURE DOES NOT EXIST! focus on the NOW and enjoy life! Be you!

      Delete
  4. That color is really cool. I started wearing hard as nails on my fingers because I am a finger style guitar player. It worked well to strengthen my nails. but I also fell in love with polish, I soon began to paint my toes clear, my wife hated it but now we go to the salon together, She always tells me not to get any color on my nails, she says color polish is gay, I am wanting to try silver on my toe, how do I win her over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving your comment, I really appreciate it. I love this teal, at first, since I am not accustomed to bright colors, it was a little difficult for me to adjust, but after a few days it started growing on me, I had many compliments and by the time I changed it, I realized I like it very much. I had the same problem with my wife a while ago. In my case, she has never liked the fact that I wear nail polish. She is accepting though, but not in agreement. Although she tells me which colors look good on me and which don't under her impression, go figure, Women! Honestly I think she will never agree to it, but I couldn't care less. I make my own rules when it comes to how I dress and style. In your case, It could be different because you share time in the salon. Respectfully though, you need to tell your wife to be not just open minded but to think very well what she tells you. ¿Colored polish is gay? ¿Does that mean SHE can turn gay for wearing colored nail polish? Seriously though, it is not her fault. She has been conditioned to think that way. If she is not willing to DEPROGRAM her brain and all the things that people around her planted in her mind, she will never understand. If it serves your purpose, and I say this not to offend anybody, I have been wearing nail polish on both my fingernails and toes for some years now, and like I wrote on another reply, up to this point, It has not altered my sexual preferences. I am pretty much straight, I love women, love their curves, and enjoy their company very much. Being gay is being attracted sexually to a same sex person, and nail polish does not have any hormones or active ingredient that will cause that. Share this blog with her, there are many points that are made throughout the blog about this. Maybe that will make a difference with her.

      Delete

  5. Thanks for getting back so soon and thanks for your input, I wasn't sure I would hear anything. As I write this I have China Glaze platinum silver on my toe nails and love the look. My wife is gone on a business trip and will be back Saturday, I am going to see what she has to say, I am sure It will not be positive, but like you said at the very least she needs to be accepting. We will see how it goes. Thanks Again,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU NEED TO THINK POSITIVE, IF YOU THINK SHE IS GOING TO HAVE A BAD REACTION, SHE WILL!. Our thoughts create our reality. Strip the negative thoughts out of your mind and think, create; a happy, positive reality. The secret is that you need to believe, enjoy life and thrive!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the pep talk, working on it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a month since I last wrote, To pick up from my Sept 13 post. My wife was late coming home from here trip. I had to leave for the road so she never got to see my painted toe nails. I wore the Silver every day for the 5 week period, On the road I wore flip-flops and got positive comments form women. I even wore those flip-flops on stage and was feeling real comfortable till I got back home to my small mountain town. Then I covered them up. My wife got to see my nails today, at first she didn't say anything, I didn't know what to make of that, my wife always speaks here mind. After a few minutes she laughed and said she thought it was a sissy thing to do, I guess that is better than being accused of being gay. I ask here if I acted sissy and she said no, She said she thought it was sissy for a man to wear colored polish. I asked her what color had to do with it, "how can wearing clear polish be ok but colors were guy or sissy?" She said she did want to take about it.

      Delete
    2. She didn't want to talk about it because she new that she had lost the argument then and there. You hit it right on target when you asked her about the difference between clear and color. I got a small story to tell. I went to the movies today, took my 4 y/o girl and my 7 y/o boy with a friend of his and my wife. Sitting at my right were a young woman and a 5 or 6 y/o boy. He looked at my nails and started voicing out loud "look, he has his nails painted like a girl's, boys don't do that", so the young woman tried to quiet him down, I showed him my hands, I currently have OPI's - At your Quebec Night & Call. I told him, look at me and look at my nails, can you see my beard? Do I look like a girl? As you can see, you are wrong to think only girls can paint their nails, who ever told you that, you can now tell them, it's not so. He let it rest and did not touch the subject again. Then afterwards we went to pick up some stuff at the supermarket and the cashier who was a male in his 20's told me how cool my nails looked with that color. What is my point? I do it for me, and not for others to see, if they like it fine, if they don't i am fine with it also. But nobody, not even my wife, will tell me what to do, especially how to dress or style. Generally the word "sissy" is a pejorative to a male who has a lack of courage. In my point of view, a man who paints his nails and shows them in public is far from not having courage. So calling him a sissy is contradictory.

      Delete