Saturday, January 19, 2013

Gelish vs Polish


Hi there, I just want to see what all the polish lovers out there think about this topic.
I for one, am for regular polish over gelish. I have found out that if applied on a propperly prepped nail, regular polish can last for weeks. Gelish is harder to remove than regular polish. You don’t need the special light and it is cheaper to change every other week. Here are 7 steps to perfect colored nails.

1.- Make sure you remove with acetone all the nail polish you might have.
2.- Use a buffer block to smooth out all the ridges on your nails.
3.- Once you smooth out the ridges, do another acetone pass to remove all the white residue from the smooth buffing
4.- Apply one coat of nail primer
5.- Apply one coat of you favorite base coat
6.- Apply 2 or 3 coats of your favorite nail color, depending on how thin of thick the polish might be, you may need up to 3 coats, metalics usually are thiner.
7.- Apply a Fast drying top coat




There, that will give you 15 or more days of perfect, non chipped colored nails. It might even give you more, but since your nails will grow, you need to repeat so the growth won’t show. Even if you go to a nail tech to change your polish, make sure to tell them these 7 steps because not all techs use primer or base coat.

Live Happy!

5 comments:

  1. What nail primer, base, and top do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Edgar, nice of you to drop by! I use Orly Primer and do not have any particular choice for base coat, any base coat will do the job for me. For the top coat though, I am very picky, I use Seche Vite most of the time. Depending on the kind of polish (thick or thin) I choose top coats. Since I like metallics very much, they tend to be thin, so I use Seche Vite. But, If I run into a thick polish, then I will use the Orly Top Coat. Hope this answers your questions. P.S. Dont forget to apply 3 coats of your favorite polish so it will last.

      Happy Polishing!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your advise Gustavo that does help out a lot. Know the other question I have is do you go to a nail salon or do you do it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, sometimes I go to a Salon, and sometimes I do them myself. When I have time to spare I do them myself, I take too long. When I do not have much time, I go to a Nail Salon. You would be surprised how much women like to have men around at the nail salon. Part of the "conditioning" that has been imposed to both genders, is that we can't share a conversation in a nail salon, but guess what, they are wrong! There is nothing cooler than sparking a conversation with a woman about nail color and the reasoning behind us men not doing it or in my case, doing it.

      Delete